Pho-Blog

Monday, October 31, 2005

Direction

Hi! I have decided on a direction for this blog! It is going to be about photography and imaging and such things! I hope that I can actually do something that people will want to see.. I guess we will find out (or at least I will anyways!)
To start I am going to mention betterphoto.com and their 'photo of the day' newsletter. Now, often in this newsletter you can see photos such as this:
Fantastic photo. Nice composition, nice saturated colours and an interesting (to some anyways) subject.
However! Some mornings I open my e-mail to find something that hardly resembles a photograph at all!
What the heck! This has obviously been so digitally deranged that it hardly even resembles a traditional photograph! Things like this really get my goat. And that is my rant for the day.

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Manipulation like that is interesting. Sometimes I like it, other times not so much. What about it bugs you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 a.m.  

  • don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with manipulating images and having a bit of fun with them but when I signed up for the news letter I got the impression that it was mainly about 'traditional' photography, and not about photoshop manipulations. When I hear 'photo of the day' I expect more of a traditional photograph and not someones photoshop art. There is really nothing wrong with photoshop or photoshopping things, but for god 's sakes call it what it is.

    By Blogger siguy, at 10:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home